Friday 3 August 2012

Reading Plan


I cannot find appropriate words to express how hard it is for me to choose which book to read among the 44 books I need to before 2017. I know that the Club holds an Austen event this month, but having no Austen among my list I cannot join the readalong, because I want to finish first my list before moving to other works (as much as I can, for I know how capricious my reading mood is, and sometimes I read other books anyway).

While waiting for Shakespeare's readalong on September, I'd like to finish a book or two from my list. Some books have arisen my curiosity, such as Defoe's Robinson Crusoe and Goethe's Faust, but I still feel hesitant to try. So instead of forcing myself to read what I don't feel like reading now, I turn my attention to books from more familiar authors, and my heart chooses (again) Dumas.

Seeing two more books under his name on my list, The Three Musketeers and The Man in the Iron Mask, I feel it would be amusing to read the series, considering how many adaptations have been inspired by the adventures related in those volumes. Some of the movie adaptations, though, show themselves contradicting each other, and it makes me even more curious to find the “true story” of our four musketeers.

I hope I will finish The Three Musketeers before the end of the month. The other novels can wait.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, do I know that feeling! I've got over 100 novels on my TBR list, and want to read all of them at once. It's a good problem to have, though; better than having nothing to read when you want it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hundred? Why, that's really something. True it's a good problem to have. :D

      Delete